Need help with 15 days itinerary please

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2012 at 5:20:20 #805451

Hi, we’re a family of 2 adults and 2 teens, appreciate if anyone can advise me on the must/things to do in each city and how much time I need for each place.
    15 Dec Day 1 – Zurich Airport to Bern (Bern as base)

16 Dec Day 2 – Basel

17 Dec Day 3 – Fribourg & Neuchatel

18 Dec Day 4 – Bern to Lausanne (Lausanne as base)

19 Dec Day 5 – Montreux, Gruyeres,

20 Dec Day 6 – Geneva and if time permits hopefully France

21 Dec Day 7 – ???

22 Dec Day 8 – Lausanne to Lauterbrunnen (Lauterbrunnen as base)

23 Dec Day 9 – Jungfraug, Murren

24 Dec Day 10 – Wengen, Grindelwald

25 Dec Day 11 – Lauterbrunnen to Lucerne (Lucerne as base)

26 Dec Day 12 – Mt Pilatus, etc??

27 Dec Day 13 – Rhinefalls, etc ??
    28 Dec Day 14 – Lucerne to Zurich (Zurich as base)

29 Dec Day 15 – Zurich airport to Home

Please feel free to input or critic if the above is realistic and do-able? As with the dates, please do highlight to me if things should/cannot be done on that day or due to winter.

Many thanks & regards.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 July 2012 at 10:09:20 #836664

Hi funnyclown,

Your trip can be done in Winter, there’s just a few limitations: e.g. mount Pilatus can only be reached by cable car, not by the funicular from Alpnachstad. The Rhinefall boats will not be operating in December. There are Winter highlights as well though: you may want to visit one or more Christmas markets.

The pages about Basel, Bern, Lausanne, Geneva, Lucerne and Zurich not only list conveniently located hotels, but some attraction suggestions as well. It’s hard to suggest must do’s, as personal interests are very important to make a choice. In Winter, I would personally try to do some winter hiking trails. There are very easy ones as well. Local tourist agencies know exactly what’s available (Mürren to Grütschalp is recommended). Also, some towns have very interesting museums, many of which are included in the Swiss Pass. The Swiss Transport Museum in Lucerne is one of my favourites. Many suggestions can be found on the tourist websites of each town. E.g. zuerich.com offers many ideas.

Does this get you started?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 July 2012 at 3:53:28 #836665

Thanks for your info…of cos it does help me progress with great help 🙂

So for Mt Pilatus we can only reach by cable car and not the cogwheel? Now I kinda of need help on how do I get from Lucerne to Pilatus? Basically, I need help on how can I find where is the nearest station to each point of interest that I want to reach, by google map?

I am also seeking help for planning a day trip to France if time permits. Is Geneva my best bet to travel to France? Which is the best place I should touch on in France if I ONLY have a day?

Many thanks 🙂

Annika
    7122 posts
    20 July 2012 at 9:48:19 #836666

You can plan your trips using the timetable. Just fill out Lucerne as your departure station and Pilatus as your destination, plus the estimated date of traveling. Yes, Geneva would be a good base for your trip to France. You could get to Chamonix and the Mont Blanc (part of it is still covered by several Swiss Pass Arno suggested) for a beautiful day trip.

• The thread ‘Need help with 15 days itinerary please’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.