Need help with Montreux itinerary planning

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 June 2014 at 15:20:01 #806463

Hi,

We will be in Montreux in July for 2 days. On our day of arrival, we will be reaching Montreux at 11:30 AM and the hotel can provide check-in only after 3 PM. We can leave the bags with them. So we have approximately 3 hours of free time in Montreux in the afternoon. In the evening we are planning to visit the Chillon Castle and Lake Promenade. I have been considering the options which we have for these 3 hours.

1. Is it possible to visit Vevey? How much time would we spend on travelling both ways and would it be too hectic?

2. Boat cruise on Lake Geneva. We will be having second class swiss passes with us.Does the swiss pass cover all boat cruises on Lake Geneva? I was particularly interested in the Wonderful Alpine Scenery cruise mentioned on the CGN website.

Kindly help us in planning this time. Any other suggestions other than the two above are most welcome.Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 June 2014 at 15:45:26 #840305

Hi deepab,

1.Sure, Vevey is only 10 minutes by train, see the timetable. The station is in the center of Vevey and at walking distance from the lake promenade. It’s an excellent trip for a few hours.

2. See here for information. The boats are included in the pass, except for cruises that need to be booked in advance that include diner/music, etc.

Also see this question I just answered.

• The thread ‘Need help with Montreux itinerary planning’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.