Need opinion for first trip to SwissAlps

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2012 at 15:40:07 #805405

Hi,

Currently I am staying in Stuttgrat, Germany with my wife and will be here till August 25th 2012.
    I would like to travel to Switzerland for 3 to 4 days and would like to go to Alps and play with ice over there..:-)
    I am still evaluating the best & cheap way to travel. I was thinking to buy Swiss pass for 4 days for 2 people as there is no 2 for 1 option in August. I can reach lake Konstanz very easily with Baden-Wurttenburg ticket, but from there, I don’t whether to take swiss pass or to take Bernese Oberland regional pass. I am more interested to explore Interlaken and other top destinations, but it looks like very costly. I am confused what to do. Please suggest me good options for travel in Switzerland.
    Also I need to think about stay. I was thinking about taking a hostel in Interlaken area.

Regards,
    Venu
    [email protected]

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    29 June 2012 at 7:55:34 #836541

Hi Venu,

If you like the idea of free traveling (almost) everywhere in the Bernese Oberland, the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland is a good choice. You would need a full price ticket to Luzern. From there, you can travel discounted or for free with your pass (please see the network map). But it really depends on your exact plans. I would suggest to list your planned trips and calculate the cheapest option.

Hotels in Interlaken can be found here.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Need opinion for first trip to SwissAlps’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.