Need some advice on my itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2011 at 14:01:38 #804229

Hi
    Me and my wife with my 8 month old babyare planning to visit Switzerland in Mid may. My plan is

Reaching Zurich Airport by noon of theday.
    Zurich to Interlaken on the same day.
    Interlaken – 5 nights – 4 days
    On 6th day morning, Interlaken toLucerne by Golden Pass line
    Lucerne – Two days – 2 nights

Next day morning to Zurich for afternoon flight

I would be very grateful if somebodycan give some advices on my itinerary.

My main queries are,

1. Is my 4 days – 2 days in Interlaken- Lucerne right decision? Should I change it to 3-3

We are much interested in visiting scenic places rather than Museums/Historical places (at least for this time). Also, since we are with my 8 month old baby, we are not intending to change our bases more than two places.

2. We are planning to make trips to some scenic places in Interlaken and Lucerne. Which travel pass is most suitable for us. – Swiss saver pass or flexi saver?!

3. Anybody has some good suggestions for our day trips in Interlaken or Lucerne (hope u have noted our interests).

4. Please let me know if anybody see any major drawback in my selection of bases and number of days.

Thanks a lot in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    19 April 2011 at 14:21:47 #832598

Hello thanvi. That sounds like a good plan to me. It’s wise to change base only one time during your stay. 4 nights in Interlaken and 2 in Lucerne would be fine, just as 3 nights in both towns would be. Both regions offer lots of activities, so you could easily enjoy yourself in or near Lucerne for 3 full days too.

If you’ll be making short regional trips once you’re in Interlaken and Lucerne mainly, a Swiss Saver Flexi Pass would be best. If you choose the 3 day variant, you could use the free travel days for the trip Zurich-Interlaken, Interlaken-Lucerne and Lucerne-Zurich. If you want to make quite a long and expensive round trip on one of the other days (for example, a boat ride over lake Lucerne combined with some train travel and/or a visit to a viewing point such as Mt. Rigi), you could opt for the 4 day variant as well.

Please review our day trip overview of the Bernese Oberland and this topic on sightseeing in the Lucerne area for further ideas.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2011 at 15:31:46 #832599

Thanks a lot for ur reply.

What is ur suggestion about changing my base from Interlaken to some charming villages like Wengen etc with my 8 month old baby.

And can i get ur advice on selecting the pass as below.

1. Swiss saver pass for 4 days or
    2. Swiss transfer pass + Half fare card

Can i use the swiss saver pass in Golden pass line?

Can avail half fare with Swiss saver-4 days on other days

Thanks in advance.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 April 2011 at 14:26:48 #832600

Hello thanvi. Wengen and Lauterbrunnen are very suitable for accommodation as well. They are located less centrally than Interlaken, but they’re definitely prettier and right between the mountains.

A 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi pass would suit your plans best. A 50% discount indeed applies to the days in between the free travel days. Please refer to my previous post. The pass is valid for the Golden Pass line, as is displayed on the map we link to under the header ‘Swiss Flexi Pass features’.

• The thread ‘Need some advice on my itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.