Need suggestions for 5 days trip to Bern in July

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2017 at 12:00:30 #812539

Hi Team,

We have planned 5 days trip to Switzerland tour from 11th July to 15th July. We have booked accommodation in Bern. 11th July afternoon we will be reaching Bern and again 15th July evening we will be returning home. We have just 3 full days to roam.

1st day we have planned for Interlakken and near by spots. 2nd day planned for Luzern & Zurich and 3rd day for Geneva. Could you suggest some possible places to cover on these places since just we have 1 day for each place?…Thank you

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 July 2017 at 18:49:57 #866363

Hi VijayG,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I recommend to have a look at our Bern, Luzern, Zurich and Geneva pages. You’ll find plenty of tips there. Personally I would not spend too much time on the cities if the weather is good, but rather explore the Alps, e.g. the Jungfrau Region.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    7 July 2017 at 2:25:44 #866364

Hi,

I agree 100% with Arno. If you are lucky enough to have great weather, don’t miss the Jungfrau region. Where are you arriving in Switzerland ? How are you getting around ? As for the four cities you have mentioned, I would put Geneva at the bottom of my list, and Lucerne and Berne at the top. If you are staying in Berne each night, you might consider a trip to Lausanne via Fribourg, and then explore along the shore of the Léman (Lake Geneva) as far as Montreux. Distances are relatively short and trains are frequent.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 11:47:02 #866365

Thank you Arno and Peterli. Sure as you suggested we won’t miss Alps & Jungfrau regions. What is the right weather to visit these places?

We are coming to Bern and stay there for 4 nights. We have planned to use Swiss travel pass. I have one more question, can we carry Baby stroller to all these places as we travel with our 3 years old kid?. Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 17:13:03 #866366

Hi Vijay,

You shouldn’t have any issue with a stroller at most attractions and on trains.

Weather-wise, it is best to wait until the day before to buy tickets to a mountain top. If it is cloudy and/or rainy you won’t see much at the top.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Need suggestions for 5 days trip to Bern in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.