Need to book on Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 October 2012 at 19:43:37 #805676

Firstly, thanks for such a great website. My family, being myself, husband and two older teenage children have planned a trip to Switzerland for two weeks in early December. Your website has been a valuable source of information. We will be taking the Golden Pass from Montreux to Interlaken on Monday 3 December, staying four days and then continuing on the Golden Pass to Luzern. We will be buying our Swiss passes on arrival. Is this a quiet time of year and do you feel we need to reserve our seats on the Golden Pass ? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 October 2012 at 12:07:59 #837374

Hi wandshedley,

I’m pleased to hear you find our website useful! The timetable will tell you that reservations are not required but recommended for most of the Golden Pass trains. Early December is low season. From my experience, it should not be a problem to find unreserved seats for 4 people if you board the train early enough.

• The thread ‘Need to book on Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.