Which pass for Geneva – Jungfrau region – Basel?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2016 at 16:48:05 #809673

Hi All,

I am planning to visit Switzerland from 25-August-2016 to 31-August-2016.

I would be reaching on the 25th night to Geneva Airport and would be leaving on 31st early morning from EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg.

During my stay between 26th to 30th of August, I am planning to visit Interlaken > Jungfrau > Lucerne regions.

For the first and last day (26th and 30th), I am thinking to buy Transfer Ticket Combi which I would be using to travel from Geneva Airport to Interlaken on the first day and from Lucerne to Europort Basel on the last day, and for rest 3 days (27-28-29) I am thinking to go for SWISS TRAVEL PASS of 3 days which I would use to travel Interlake , Interlaken to Jungfrau , Interlaken to Lucerne.

1. Is there any other itinerary which is most cost effective ?

2. Which pass /ticket is the best while traveling to Jungfrau (for one day) ?

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Regards,

Vivek

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 July 2016 at 7:13:24 #854162

Hi Vivek, welcome to MySwissAlps!

A Swiss Transfer Ticket doesn’t pay off in your case. The inbound (Geneva Airport-Interlaken) and outbound (Lucerne-Basel Euroairport) trips aren’t long and expensive enough to justify the purchase of this pass. I think you’re better off using a Swiss Half Fare Card for your entire journey or, if you prefer the idea of free ticketless traveling and flexibility, a Swiss Travel Pass. The 4 day variant for August 26-29 plus a regular ticket Lucerne-Basel on August 30 will work. If you want to calculate which option is best, please refer to these guidelines. Validity information can be found using the “Validity” tabs of the pages I just linked to.

Mind to order your passes in time. An online purchase is much easier than buying your tickets at a railway station upon arrival. You can order print at home passes which are ready to use right after you’ve landed at the Geneva Airport. Options are listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/price and http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isshalffarecard/price.

• The thread ‘Which pass for Geneva – Jungfrau region – Basel?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.