Need your help on train ticket suggestions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2013 at 9:36:13 #805942

Hi we are planning a trip in Aug. We will arrive at Zurich airport, traveling to a friend’s home 50 mins’ train from Zurich. And then after one night go to Lucern, stay one night. travel to Bern, stay one night. travel to Interlaken, stay two nights and then travel to Venice, Italy. two adults with a 7 yrs old.

Please recommend which type of ticket we should buy. I only saw 4 days or 8 days pass.

And how to travel from Interlaken to Venice? Since we have a kid, so would like to take a day train, not too late if possible.

thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 April 2013 at 13:17:35 #838500

Hi christinazhu,

There is a 3, 4, 5 and 6-day pass as well: the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You can use the days consecutive or non consecutive. With a pass you don’t need to buy tickets for each trip. If you don’t mind doing that, you can calculate whether a Swiss Half Fare Card is more economical in your case.

As for your trip to Venice: a Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass would include free traveling until Domodossola in Italy. You would need tickets from there. It looks like not all trains to/from Venice are in the Swiss timetable currently (see this topic), so my best advice would be to plan and book the trip in two legs: Domodossola – Milan and Milan – Venice. If you let me know where you’re from I can give you a link to the appropriate page to find & book the tickets.

For hotels near the rail stations, please check these pages:

• The thread ‘Need your help on train ticket suggestions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.