Need your help on train ticket suggestions

Need your help on train ticket suggestions

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
christinazhu
christinazhu
1 post
Apr 29, 2013 - 11:36 AM
Hi we are planning a trip in Aug. We will arrive at Zurich airport, traveling to a friend's home 50 mins' train from Zurich. And then after one night go to Lucern, stay one night. travel to Bern, stay one night. travel to Interlaken, stay two nights and then travel to Venice, Italy. two adults with a 7 yrs old.

Please recommend which type of ticket we should buy. I only saw 4 days or 8 days pass.

And how to travel from Interlaken to Venice? Since we have a kid, so would like to take a day train, not too late if possible.

thanks a lot!
Arno
Arno
7718 posts
expert &
Apr 30, 2013 - 1:17 PM
Hi christinazhu,

There is a 3, 4, 5 and 6-day pass as well: the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You can use the days consecutive or non consecutive. With a pass you don't need to buy tickets for each trip. If you don't mind doing that, you can calculate whether a Swiss Half Fare Card is more economical in your case.

As for your trip to Venice: a Swiss Saver (Flexi) Pass would include free traveling until Domodossola in Italy. You would need tickets from there. It looks like not all trains to/from Venice are in the Swiss timetable currently (see this topic), so my best advice would be to plan and book the trip in two legs: Domodossola - Milan and Milan - Venice. If you let me know where you're from I can give you a link to the appropriate page to find & book the tickets.

For hotels near the rail stations, please check these pages:
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016