New help to plan Chateau de Chillon and Jungfraujo

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2012 at 17:56:01 #804840

Our family of 4 adults will be going to Switzerland the last week of March, 2012. We will fly into Geneva and leave from Zurich. We have 6 full days in Switzerland. we are thinking of the following
    Day 1 Geneva
    2 ?
    3 ?
    4 Lucerne
    5 Lucerne/zurich
    6 zurich
    I would love to visit Chateau de Chillon/ Jungfraujoch/ Bern. For day 2, would it be too rush to take early morning train to Montreux, visit Chillon in the morning. Take the last Panaramic Golden pass to Interlaken at 1:45. ANy recommendation where to leave our luggage during our tour in Chillon? day 3 Interlaken to Jungfraujoch. Or Would you recommend Bern or Lausanne or other city as hub to visit Jungfraujoch/Chillon? Or Since I will be in Lucerne, would you go to Mt Pilatus and leave Jungfraujoch for our next visit to Switzerland. Jungfraujoch/ Chillon/ Mt Pilatus/Bern Which would you prefer for the iimited schedule.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    15 January 2012 at 7:59:23 #834644

Hello terryY! I think you’d manage to visit the Chillon Castle and catch the 1.45 pm Golden Pass train on day 2, but it would be a tight schedule. There are later connections too, such as the 15.45 pm train (the only difference is that the last part of the route from Zweisimmen to Interlaken will be in a regular train, instead of a Golden Pass train). Luggage lockers are available at the Montreux railway station.

If weather is nice, I would definitely advice to make the Jungfraujoch trip, considering trips to Bern and/or Lausanne as back up plans for bad weather. The Jungfraujoch and Pilatus are quite different. If time and budget allow, you could even try to visit both. Lucerne has lots of other trips to offer too though.

You may want to take a look at the several rail passes. A Swiss Saver Flexi Pass or a Swiss Half Fare Card will save you lots of money. The timetable may come in handy as well.

Does that get you started? Best regards,

• The thread ‘New help to plan Chateau de Chillon and Jungfraujo’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.