Niederhorn covered by Swiss Travel Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2016 at 7:47:55 #808341

Hi,

It’s seem my previous thread has been closed so I wrote new topic:)

I’ll be going on early may from Colmar to Lauterbrunnen. Before I check in at Lauterbrunnen, I plan to explore Thun (I’ll keep my luggage at the station) before heading to Niederhorn and continue to Lauterbrunnen.

Is trip to Niederhorn fully covered by Swiss Travel Pass? what is the best way to reach Niederhorn from Thun and is it doable to do Lake Thun cruise on the same day?

Two days after, I’m going to continue my trip to Milan. I’m aware that trip from Swiss to Italy border (Domodossola) are covered by Swiss travel pass. So I just need to buy online ticket Domodossola- Milan with the desired time right? I don’t need to get off the train, just show the purchased ticket?

Thanks a lot

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    30 January 2016 at 8:46:09 #848037

Hi mitahalim!

The Swiss Travel Pass grants free traveling as far as Beatenberg, and a 50% discount between Beatenberg and Niederhorn. There’s a bus connection between Thun and Beatenbucht. From there, you can take a funicular up to Beatenberg and enter the Niederhorn cable car. If you enter Niederhorn as your destination in the timetable, you’ll get to see details on all connections. You can easily combine this with a boat trip over the lake.

You’re right, you need regular tickets Domodossola-Milan. If you buy them beforehand, you can just stay seated and show your Swiss Travel Pass during the Swiss leg and the regular ticket during the Italian leg. Details are at http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/italy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2016 at 13:38:21 #848038

Hi Annika

Thanks for the quick reply! Will definitely check the timetable first.

• The thread ‘Niederhorn covered by Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.