Not sure if I should buy 2 for 1 saver pass /hotel

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2012 at 20:06:00 #804926

My husband and I will be traveling from Geneva(5days) to Sierre(10 days) and then to Florence. I am unsure if it is more cost effective to buy individual tickets in Switzerland or if the 2/1 is better. The issue of reservations and the 2/1 is for 2nd class seats and they may be filled up is a little unsettling. If anyone has a recommendation for a hotel(clean) in Geneva safe area but close to tourist activities would be nice-150.00-200.00/night.
    Any help is appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    23 February 2012 at 9:44:59 #834889

Hello daisymae, and welcome! It’s a bit hard to say whether you should buy a Swiss rail pass. That depends on the travel plans you have during your stay in Geneva. These guidelines on rail passes and calculating if you need one, may help you out.

Generally, the 2 for 1 offer is very economical if you plan to make some trips. In most cases you won’t need (or even can’t make) seat reservations. Seats in 2nd class aren’t full that often, especially if you plan to travel in spring or fall (which aren’t tourist high season). The offer is valid for 1st class passes as well, if you prefer that.

Good hotels in the city center of Geneva and/or near the airport can be found here.

• The thread ‘Not sure if I should buy 2 for 1 saver pass /hotel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.