One day trip Zurich – Jungfraujoch – Stuttgart

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 October 2016 at 19:17:48 #810234

i am travelling to swiss from stuttgart, my plan is to reach zurich on 22nd night, and have one day 23 rd oct 2016 to see jungfraujoch . i am planning to visit jungfraujoch, planning to start my day from zurich to interlaken early in the morning and to see jungfraujoch and come back to interlaken and back to zurich in the evening to catch my train back to stuttgart. Please can somebody let me know which rail pass i can take and how much it will cost.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 October 2016 at 9:54:15 #856570

Thanks for joining us, pradeeps!

Your plans are quite ambitious. They’re doable, but please note that:

• a trip back from Jungfraujoch to Stuttgart takes over 7 hours. So if you want to take your time up at the Jungfraujoch, arrival in Stuttgart will be quite late. The timetable will help you find all details;
    • a trip to the Jungfraujoch is highly weather dependent. Check forecasts closely before leaving and either drop the entire idea, or create some bad weather alternatives in case weather doesn’t look promising.

As for tickets: general full fare tickets between Stuttgart and the German/Swiss border, plus a Swiss Half Fare Card for the Swiss portion of your trip, will probably work best. Explanation on how to calculate your options can be found at myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

• The thread ‘One day trip Zurich – Jungfraujoch – Stuttgart’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.