Online purchase of Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 10:58:52 #807532

Hi, I am travelling on Saturday (group of 3) and wanted to buy the Swiss transfer ticket combi – the transfer ticket with the half fare card at the discounted rate of CHF 201

Is it possible to do this with a print online version (due to the short time available). I tried to do so on rail.ch but whilst it would let me add the two individual items to a shopping basket – they remained at the full price and I did not seem to get the normal discount – is it possible to obtain this discount and if so how?

alternatively, if I buy the Swiss transfer ticket online at the full price, would I subsequently be able to buy a discounted half fare card when I reach Switzerland – I presume they have to both be purchased at the same time Many thanks

Richard Boyd

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    9 July 2015 at 11:51:53 #844348

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your post! Rail.ch is a site for Swiss citizens, you can’t purchase the tourist passes there. In the UK you can get it through http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk/en/node/272. However, it’s too late now to get a pass for Saturday as all passes require a bit of processing time, even if they send it through e-mail to print it yourself. This pass is not available in Switzerland either. My suggestion would be to buy a Swiss Half Fare Card at a rail station in Switzerland, and use it for your inbound and outbound transfers as well.

By the way, buying one pass to get a discount on the other won’t work. The discount is only available if your purchase the combined Combi pass.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2015 at 12:05:45 #844349

many thanks, that was what I had thought (al though the rail.CH site let me get all the way to the credit card details entry screen – having entered passport details – and having used a drop down box to choose GB as country of residence – so I think I could have bought each card separately even if it is designed for Swiss citizens – but the combination option wasn’t shown

• The thread ‘Online purchase of Swiss Transfer Ticket Combi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.