Only 1 leg shows up as Golden Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2015 at 12:30:33 #807840

I plan to go from Montreux to Lucern on the GoldenPass train.

When looking at the train time table, I see that only the leg between Montreux and Zweisimmen has a reference to GoldenPass. The other legs do not.

Am I missing something or am I not looking at the right timetable?

Murty

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 August 2015 at 14:14:02 #845792

I think you have to search ‘via Zweissimen’ but also use the advanced search option to go via Interlaken Ost as well. The last leg from Interlaken may not specify ‘Golden Pass’ but you should see a small triangular symbol that denotes a panoramic coach (possibly not on all the trains running on this leg). There is further explanation of this here http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 August 2015 at 5:23:49 #845793

I think, trip from Montreux to Zweisimmen is the most scenic one, every traveler would like to occupy vantage position, hence it requires reservation. Other trips may be undertaken without reservation and not much rush is expected on these trips.

• The thread ‘Only 1 leg shows up as Golden Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.