Options to visit the alps from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 11:22:25 #810818

Hello! My husband and I are planning a visit to Zurich from 25th to 28th February, and I was wondering what are our options to visit the Swiss alps near Zurich at this time of the year? I saw some attractions are closed. We are thinking about spending a day, maybe at Mount Pilatus. Please let me know the best places, things to do and transportation. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2017 at 16:43:27 #859030

Hi Karina and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Zurich isn’t very close to the mountains (well for Switzerland anyway).

Your best bet are some attractions near Luzern (local German spelling) such as Mt. Pilatus as you mentioned. Take a look at our Luzern activities page to see what is in the area – typically you are looking at about 2 hours from Zurich to get to most mountains near Luzern.

The SBB train timetable will help you figure out how to get there.

Ski season is in full swing in the mountains so if you are a non-skier your options may be a little limited once you are at the top, but the trip up and the restaurant may be worth the visit alone. Some snowshoeing may be available as well as sledging.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Options to visit the alps from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.