Ordering Swiss Half Fare Cards

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2017 at 22:52:03 #812342

We just ordered 7 Swiss Half Fare Cards and completed it with payment to our Visa card. However, the order process did not ask for 7 individual names and passport numbers. Are names and passport numbers required to complete the order? If so, what is the process for completing the order?

Carol

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 0:59:47 #865515

I just ordered two Swiss Half Fare Cards and choose e-delivery. It did ask for the names and passport numbers and I was able to downloaded usable PDF cards minutes later. I am not sure what the procedure is for other delivery options. Hope things work out easily.

PS I would have been nice to get an actual card but I needed the passes right away.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 7:09:28 #865516

Hi Carol and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Who did you buy the Swiss Half Fare Card from? Usually it will ask for those details as noted by norcal300, but if not you should be able to write it in onto the pass when you receive it. Click here for more details on how to use the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 7:11:34 #865517

Hi norcal300 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The E-ticket option is much more convenient and we always recommend it over buying the card when you arrive in Switzerland! It is the exact same product.

With an E-ticket you have an electronic back-up in case you lose it, and you don’t have to wait in line at the Swiss railway office when you arrive as well. 🙂 All bonuses!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 8:52:49 #865518

The half fare pass is supposed to be partially refundable (85%?) if it is not validated. Could any of you suggest the best site to buy a downloadable refundable half fare pass? Think you in advance. Alex

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2017 at 9:30:07 #865519

Hi aholianmode and welcome to MySwissAlps!

We recommend the following online retailers to buy your Swiss Half Fare Card:

The cancellation policies may differ, so be sure to check before you buy. Hopefully you won’t need to cancel it !

Lucas

• The thread ‘Ordering Swiss Half Fare Cards’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.