Overnight stop on Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2016 at 14:16:59 #808371

Hi. We are planning to take the Bernina Express, heading north, in early June. We would like to stop overnight in one place. We need to get to Zurich the following day, so will have several hours and most of the following day to explore whatever town we select. Chur would be the easiest since it’s the end of the line but I think there may be more interesting places. This is our only stop in Graubunden. Should we deviate from the mail line and head to Klosters? Or? St. Moritz doesn’t hold much appeal as it seems to be fairly glitzy, but correct me if I’m wrong!

Thanks for your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7122 posts
    5 February 2016 at 8:47:21 #848182

Hi ljportz!

My preference would be to stay spend the night in the beautiful Upper Engadine, close to St. Moritz, especially if you have time to spend an afternoon or morning there before you continue your journey. St. Moritz itself is quite expensive indeed, but there are alternatives nearby such as Pontresina, Celerina, Samedan, Bever or La Punt-Chamues-ch. They’re all smaller towns with fine train connections towards Chur. Once you’ve selected one or more towns, you’re most welcome to post your hotel criteria in our accommodation forum. We’ll be able to help you find suitable options there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 February 2016 at 13:39:02 #848183

Thank you!

• The thread ‘Overnight stop on Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.