Paddle boarding/canoeing on a lake in early April

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 January 2017 at 21:48:04 #810675

Hi,

travelling 3-6 April and would love to paddle board on a beautiful lake with beautiful scenery. I’ve had a look online and I can only seem to book from May onwards. Does anybody know where we could possible paddle board in April?! If we couldn’t do this then we would settle for canoeing at the same beautiful destination?

Thanks

hannah

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 January 2017 at 0:46:18 #858481

<<“travelling 3-6 April and would love to paddle board on a beautiful lake with beautiful scenery. I’ve had a look online and I can only seem to book from May onwards.”>>>

Hi Hannahe1.

In general, it is too early and too cold to go in the water in the first part of April. Maybe in the Ticino it would be tolerable. Maybe..

But, remember that the lakes are fed by rivers full of cold water from melting snow in the Spring.

Maybe a walk around a lake could offer a substitute?

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Paddle boarding/canoeing on a lake in early April’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.