Paris - Switzerland Bernina Express - Milan

Paris - Switzerland Bernina Express - Milan

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Smileyanna47
Smileyanna47
1 post
Aug 12, 2017 - 7:02 AM

Hi My Swiss Alps

My 2 young adult daughters and myself will be traveling to Europe next June/July for 1 month. Starting in Paris and heading south through Switzerland, Italy to Malta.

We are making our own itinerary and travelling by trains.

We would love to see Switzerland after Paris. The Bernina Express looks to be an impressive route but can you leave the train and stay a night along the way and reboard next day??

Is the Interlaken area worthy too see or are there other more spectacular places?

I'd love to stay a night and day in different places along route … 3-4 nights in total. Possibly take a cable car ride or other exciting adventure.

I'd be very grateful for your help in planning this part of our trip. I'm a tad overwhelmed with the best way to see your beautiful country.

Kind regards,

Annika
Annika
4859 posts
expert &
Aug 12, 2017 - 5:13 PM in reply to Smileyanna47

Hi Smileyanna47! Welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are lots of options for a 3-4 journey heading south and including the Bernina Express. It's hard to define which region or route is "best", as it all comes down to your personal preferences. I'll give some options below with links to towns, regions and routes. You can plan all trips using the timetable.

These are just some thoughts. I hope they get you started!

Last modified on Aug 12, 2017 - 5:14 PM by Annika

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017