Earliest train from Paris to Interlakken?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 February 2016 at 22:11:55 #808491

Hello, and thank you. I’ve checked into train tkts from Gare de Lyon to Interlakken but see that the train arrives around 1130pm in Interlakken West. Is there a better way to go that would arrive earlier? I don’t even mind flying, then taking a train. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 February 2016 at 9:24:36 #848732

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

I did a quick check for a random date and the first train arrives 12:23 PM. What’s your travel date? A flight won’t get you there earlier, unless it’s an extremely early flight, which I could not find. I would just take the train. It’s comfortable, eco-friendly, and pretty cheap (€ 50 or less) if you book your ticket early.

If you intend to buy a train pass for Switzerland, e.g. the Swiss Travel Pass, you only need a train ticket from Paris to Basel (the border). Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ france.

Note that the town’s name is Interlaken.

Kind regards,

Arno

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2016 at 18:05:44 #848733

Thank you Arno!

My travel date from Paris-Interlakken is June 6, 2016. At what site did you see the ticket for approx 50Euro arriving Interlakken at 1223p? I’m not finding that. Was it Paris to Interlakken?

Also, I would be departing Interlakken on June 8th for Ruhpolding, Germany. What would you suggest? Should I get a Swiss Pass since I would probably have to switch trains at some point to reach Ruhpolding? So, buy a ticket Paris-Basel, a Swiss pass, then a ticket from the last point in Switzerland to Ruhpolding? Sorry, I hope that makes sense. I truly appreciate your help.

Karen Kupke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    28 February 2016 at 1:52:17 #848734

Interlaken.

One “k”

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 February 2016 at 8:05:39 #848735

Hi Karen,

A Swiss Pass is not what you need as it’s for Swiss citizens only. But a Swiss Travel Pass could make sense as it also covers your transfers from the Swiss border to Interlaken and from Interlaken back to the Swiss border on your way to Ruhpolding.

So if you choose a Swiss Travel Pass, this is what you need:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 February 2016 at 17:17:04 #848736

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it. This is such a wonderful site!!

(Thank you also for the correction on the spelling of Interlaken)

Karen

• The thread ‘Earliest train from Paris to Interlakken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.