Earliest train from Paris to Interlakken?

Earliest train from Paris to Interlakken?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
kupkake100
kupkake100
3 posts
Feb 25, 2016 - 10:11 PM

Hello, and thank you. I've checked into train tkts from Gare de Lyon to Interlakken but see that the train arrives around 1130pm in Interlakken West. Is there a better way to go that would arrive earlier? I don't even mind flying, then taking a train. Thank you!

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Feb 26, 2016 - 9:24 AM

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

I did a quick check for a random date and the first train arrives 12:23 PM. What's your travel date? A flight won't get you there earlier, unless it's an extremely early flight, which I could not find. I would just take the train. It's comfortable, eco-friendly, and pretty cheap (€ 50 or less) if you book your ticket early.

If you intend to buy a train pass for Switzerland, e.g. the Swiss Travel Pass, you only need a train ticket from Paris to Basel (the border). Please see myswissalps.com/ traintickets/ france.

Note that the town's name is Interlaken.

Kind regards,

Arno

Last modified on Feb 26, 2016 - 9:26 AM by Arno
kupkake100
kupkake100
3 posts
Feb 27, 2016 - 6:05 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you Arno!

My travel date from Paris-Interlakken is June 6, 2016. At what site did you see the ticket for approx 50Euro arriving Interlakken at 1223p? I'm not finding that. Was it Paris to Interlakken?

Also, I would be departing Interlakken on June 8th for Ruhpolding, Germany. What would you suggest? Should I get a Swiss Pass since I would probably have to switch trains at some point to reach Ruhpolding? So, buy a ticket Paris-Basel, a Swiss pass, then a ticket from the last point in Switzerland to Ruhpolding? Sorry, I hope that makes sense. I truly appreciate your help.

Karen Kupke

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2638 posts
expert
Feb 28, 2016 - 1:52 AM in reply to kupkake100

Interlaken.

One "k"

Arno
Arno
7696 posts
expert &
Feb 28, 2016 - 8:05 AM in reply to kupkake100

Hi Karen,

A Swiss Pass is not what you need as it's for Swiss citizens only. But a Swiss Travel Pass could make sense as it also covers your transfers from the Swiss border to Interlaken and from Interlaken back to the Swiss border on your way to Ruhpolding.

So if you choose a Swiss Travel Pass, this is what you need:

kupkake100
kupkake100
3 posts
Feb 28, 2016 - 5:17 PM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it. This is such a wonderful site!!

(Thank you also for the correction on the spelling of Interlaken)

Karen

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016