Parking for a visit to Mt. Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 July 2017 at 3:21:15 #812472

Hi, we a family of 6, will be visiting Mt. Pilatus on 23 Sept. 2017. We would like to park our car at Alpnachstad and take the round trip to the mountain using the cog rail. The whole up down trip could last about 3 to 4 hrs. Is there a parking time limit at the public parking at Alpnachstad?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 July 2017 at 16:35:51 #866097

Hi Sushil,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! I’ve never done it by car but as far as I know there is no parking limit. As long as you pay for the sufficient amount of time you’re all good 🙂

I’m not sure if you are planning to go up and down using the cogwheel train both ways. I’d recommend to make a day out of it and do the full “Golden Round Trip” as explained here: myswissalps.com/ pilatus.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 3:19:15 #866098

Thanks Arno. We are planning a 11 night vacation in Switzerland by road. We arrive in Zurich on Sept. 22,2017. We are a family of 6 adults and one 6 month old infant. Re. the visit to Mt. Pilatus, the opinion in the group seems to be shifting to Mt. Titlis instead. On 23 Sept, we plan to leave our hotel in Zurich in the morning, visit Rhine Falls, then Lucerne Chapel Bridge and Mt. Titlis and finally settle down at our hotel in Interlaken for a 3 night stay there before proceeding further to Gstaad for 2 nights.

I find your portal a very useful medium of good advice and information for touring Switzerland and will continue to use it as and when necessary. Thanks again.

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 July 2017 at 7:29:16 #866099

Hi Sushil,

I’m glad you find it useful here! September will be a pretty full day, especially with an infant. Personally I’d skip the hassle of going into Lucerne by car and take my time for the Rhine Falls and Titlis instead. You’ll find some useful details here: myswissalps.com/ lucerne/ travel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2017 at 7:43:15 #866100

Thanks Arno. Will consider your advice as we plan ahead.

• The thread ‘Parking for a visit to Mt. Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.