Parking in Basel within walking distance of city

Parking in Basel within walking distance of city

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Wilso1
Wilso1
2 posts
May 9, 2016 - 12:18 AM

Hi. I am visiting Basel by car and I need some advice about where to leave my car for 24 hours within walking distance of the city. Please can anyone help? Thanks

Wandermann
Wandermann
298 posts
top member
May 9, 2016 - 10:06 AM in reply to Wilso1

Hi Wilso1,

Please go to the interactive map of Switzerland map.search.ch. On the left side open "Points of Interest" and "Traffic". Select the box "Car Park". Zoom in on the city of Basel and you'll find car parks. Clicking on the icon of a car park shows more information.

Hope this helps.

Wandermann

Wilso1
Wilso1
2 posts
May 9, 2016 - 9:20 PM in reply to Wandermann

Thank you very much

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
2659 posts
expert
May 10, 2016 - 12:52 AM in reply to Wilso1

In addition to the good advice from Wandermann. there are many village and town rail stations not far from large Swiss cities. They have free parking lots, in most cases.

Wandermann's advice is the first best place to look. If the results don't match your needs, take a look at train stations:

http://map.search.ch/. en.html?x=-47752m&y=77744m&z=16&p oi=zug

Slowpoke

Last modified on May 10, 2016 - 12:58 AM by Slowpoke

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016