Parking in Basel within walking distance of city

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2016 at 0:18:10 #809148

Hi. I am visiting Basel by car and I need some advice about where to leave my car for 24 hours within walking distance of the city. Please can anyone help? Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    9 May 2016 at 10:06:38 #851754

Hi Wilso1,

Please go to the interactive map of Switzerland map.search.ch. On the left side open “Points of Interest” and “Traffic”. Select the box “Car Park”. Zoom in on the city of Basel and you’ll find car parks. Clicking on the icon of a car park shows more information.

Hope this helps.

Wandermann

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2016 at 21:20:23 #851755

Thank you very much

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 May 2016 at 0:52:03 #851756

In addition to the good advice from Wandermann. there are many village and town rail stations not far from large Swiss cities. They have free parking lots, in most cases.

Wandermann’s advice is the first best place to look. If the results don’t match your needs, take a look at train stations:

http://map.search.ch/. en.html?x=-47752m&y=77744m&z=16&p oi=zug

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Parking in Basel within walking distance of city’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.