Photo needed for One Month Half Fare Travel Card?

• Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    29 March 2015 at 19:52:33 #807034

In order to get my multi-year Halbtax, I have been required to provide a photograph.

Is a photograph required for a One Month Half fare Card?

Slowpoke

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    30 March 2015 at 4:40:09 #842239

Hi Slowpoke,

You don’t need a photo for the one month Swiss Half Fare Card. Further details can be found here.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 March 2015 at 9:01:31 #842240

[quote]Arno said:

Hi Slowpoke,

You don’t need a photo for the one month Swiss Half Fare Card. Further details can be found here.

[/quote]

Arno –

Merci vielmals. Nice to get a fast answer. That is what I expected, but it is better to be sure. I was concerned because the annual and multi-year cards require a photo with very specific characteristics.

I followed the link you provided, which I had checked out once before.

It may be there, somewhere, but I cannot find any comment about the need ( or lack of need) for a photo for the Swiss Half Fare Card, in the pages I was led to.

I also note that there is apparently no requirement for a Swiss mailing address, as is required for the annual or multiyear Half fare Card.

When I renewed my own 3 year Halbtax, I found that the requirement for the photo was spelled out in detail.

Arno
    15478 posts
    30 March 2015 at 9:21:56 #842241

Hi Slowpoke,

You’re welcome! The page does indeed not specifically say that you do not need a photo, but that’s just because it’s not needed (I linked to the page so you could read about the other details). There is no requirement for a Swiss address either, because the pass is geared to tourists; it can’t be purchased by residents of Switzerland and Liechtenstein; you need to have a different nationality.

• The thread ‘Photo needed for One Month Half Fare Travel Card?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.