Pilatus cable car with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 November 2015 at 19:12:27 #808142

Hi,

We are planning our trip to Swiss in March 2016. We would purchase 2 Swiss travel cards and free family card for for the kids.

We are planning to visit Pilatus on 28th March and would like to travel by the cable car. From the information I gathered, I would like to go for the following:

1. Ariel Panorama Gondola – Kriens – via the Krienseregg – to the Fräkmüntegg summit terminus

2. Aerial Cableway Fräkmüntegg – Pilatus Kulm.

Please could you advice whether this is a good option?

Also, is the cost covered in the travelcard or would we have to purchase new tickets?

Thanks,

Sameer

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 November 2015 at 10:56:03 #847069

Welcome Sameer!

If you mean the Swiss Travel Pass you will get a 50% discount on your trip. Please see here for details.

Your trip is certainly good, although it’s also the only option to reach the summit of Mount Pilatus in March, so there’s not much of a choice. Be sure to check the weather forecast in order to prevent traveling up into a cloud and see nothing.

Please see here for where to buy your passes.

Note that the country is called Switzerland, not Swiss.

I hope this was useful!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 November 2015 at 22:37:53 #847070

Hi Arno,

Many thanks for the information. Hope the weather will be good and our trip to Switzerland will be a nice experience.

Thanks,

Sameer

• The thread ‘Pilatus cable car with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.