Pilatus vs Schilthorn, how to visit Stein am Rhein

Pilatus vs Schilthorn, how to visit Stein am Rhein

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Pateltushar
Pateltushar
2 posts
Aug 3, 2015 - 7:10 AM

Hello guys, First of all , I am very thankful to all members n especially both experts( Arno n annika ) for sharing a very particular n useful informations. I m going to swiss from 15th august to 26th august n planning to visitZurich with Rhine fall, lucern with mt rigi , mt titlis,jungfrau with interlaken region, golden pass train n Swiss miniature.I m confuse between schilthorn n mt. Pilatus,which one I should visit ?I will reach zurich at 6:15am n check in time is 2:30 pm ,I m planning to visit stein am Rhein or any other place after keeping my luggage at airport.. Please guide me. Thank you.

Annika
Annika
4417 posts
expert &
Aug 3, 2015 - 5:50 PM

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps.com, Pateltushar! We're glad to hear you like our website.

You've certainly included many of Switzerland's highlights in your travel plans. If you focus on the Lucerne region (www.myswissalps.com/la kelucerne) and the Jungfrau region (www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfrauregion), you'll be able to cover most of your destinations without spending too much time on train traveling. Mind that Swissminiature is very far off from these areas: about a 3h00 one-way trip from Lucerne and 5h20 from Interlaken, for example. If I were you, I'd skip it and spend my time in the mountains instead.

Schilthorn and Pilatus are quite different. The Pilatus offers far views; you'll be seeing the somewhat lower mountains of the Lucerne area nearby and the higher Bernese Alps in the distance, whereas the Schilthorn is closer to higher snow-capped mountain peaks. Both are beautiful in clear weather, so it depends on your personal interests. You can best check www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn and www.myswissalps.com/pi latus and decide for yourself which one appeals to you most.

On your last day, you will be able to store your luggage the Zurich Airport rail station and pay a short visit to Stein am Rhein or the Rhine Falls (http://www.myswissalps .com/rhinefalls). Return well in time though.

Our general planning tips at www.myswissalps.com/pl antrip/doityourself/co mposeitinerary may be helpful too.

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016