PLACES OF INTEREST IN SWITZERLAND

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2013 at 8:21:19 #805751

Dear Arno,

My friends and i will be in Switzerland from 24 Jan to 2 Feb 2013. I would like to know how’s the weather over there. I understand that during winter time, the day are short so would need your advise how to plan our trip since is our first time in Switzerland.

We will be visitng the following places and would apprecite it if you can recommend the places to visit there
    24 ~ 26 Jan Zurich to Lurzen and will check in hotel at Interlaken West
    26 ~ 28 Jan will be from Interlaken to Zermatt
    28 ~ 31 Jan Zermatt to Torgon Resort
    1 Feb ~ 2 Feb back to Zurich and stay one nite before catching the flight back home.

Appreciate your reply and advise.

Thank you.

Regards,

Esther Ee

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    18 January 2013 at 4:59:50 #837920

Welcome to the forum, Esther Ee. Weather conditions will vary in January/February. High up in the mountains, e.g. in Zermatt and in the region surrounding Interlaken, there will be snow and low temperatures. The other locations are situated lower and it’s hard to predict what circumstances will be like. There may be snow there too, but there are no guarantees.

As for your travel schedule: it’s best to find out first what kind of activities appeal to you. There’s plenty of day time for lots of plans, including scenic train trips to Rigi, Kleine Scheidegg, the Jungfraujoch and the Gornergrat, cable car rides to Schilthorn, Titlis or Pilatus, boat rides over lake Lucerne, lake Zurich or lake Thun, museum visits, and so on. You may start gathering information through the Bernese Oberland and Wallis day trip sections and by browsing this forum. You can use the search box in the upper right corner. All trips can be planned in detail with the aid of the timetable. Don’t forget to check rail passes: you’re very likely to be better off using a rail pass than buying regular train tickets.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘PLACES OF INTEREST IN SWITZERLAND’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.