Plan for switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2011 at 3:10:15 #804804

I want to travel switzerland from paris for 3-4 days.(from 19.3.2012 to 21.3.2012) my journey statrts from paris . pl give a plan which suited me and covered most of the location. my budget is also constraint so please guide me on basis of economy

tapas

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    15 December 2011 at 16:13:25 #834564

Hello tapas,

Your questions are difficult to answer. Switzerland has so much to offer and you only have a few days to spend there.

It would be good if you could be more specific about:
    – when and where you will be entering Switserland
    – when and from where you will be leaving the country
    – what are you interested in most: e.g. traveling the country, visiting cities and/or museums, visiting mountain tops, hiking in mountain areas etc.

Browsing this and other websites may help you to narrow down your questions. Please note there is a search funcion in the upper right hand corner of this website. For me this option has been helpfull many times.

Concerning your budget: this link and this one may be of help. And if you want to travel the country I suggest you look further into the possibilities of Rail Passes

Good luck with your preparations!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2011 at 3:58:33 #834565

Hi

Thanks for your mail. I am planing to travel switzerland from BASEL and wants to visit interlaken ans lucrene, no plan for city visit, only wants to see scenic beauty of switzerland. with the shared knowledge from friends i came to know about this two places. please inform what to see in these places. in addition to that if u have any more please inform(my changed plan date from 17.3.12 to 20.3.12), from lucrene/interlaken i will back to paris . in the mean time i am seeing the information in the link u r giving. waiting for yr reply

tapas

Wandermann
    Participant
    265 posts
    18 December 2011 at 10:59:30 #834566

Hello tapas,

This might indeed be a good plan 1. a stay in Lucerne (or surroundings) and 2. a stay in Interlaken (or surroundings).

From Lucerne you may want to visit the Rigi and/or Pilatus. If you want to make a longer (day) trip, visiting the Titlis via Engelberg may be worth considering.

If you wish you can travel between Lucerne and Interlaken (or the other way round) by the GoldenPass Line (a panoramic train: making reservations are necessary in that case).

From Interlaken many people want to visit Jungfraujoch. Another possibility, especially during beautiful weather, is Schilthorn: on a clear day you may see the Mont Blanc from there.

If weather conditions are not so good you could visit the Aare gorge near Meiringen.

For more tips please look at the day trips and hiking possibilities in the Bernese Oberland.

I hope this anwers your questions.

• The thread ‘Plan for switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.