Itinerary help for economical trip in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 11:32:31 #811218

I will be in Switzerland ,Geneva with my wife and 7 year old son from 26th May – 4th June 2017. Please advice which travel pass will be most economical which will help me see places in Switzerland and out of Switzerland (2 -3 days of France,Portugal,Spain).If possible can you plan an itenary accordingly where the travel cost will include my the travel pass .

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2017 at 13:39:24 #860664

Hi Patrao and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately we do not make itineraries here. If you need help with that have a read through our trip planning page here.

For train passes in Switzerland, the easiest pass to get would be the Swiss Travel Pass (you can buy one for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days). This pass covers virtually all trips made within Switzerland – click here to see what is routes are fully covered and what offer discounts only.

An alternative, if you aren’t traveling a lot in Switzerland is to buy the Swiss Half Fare Card which will allow you to buy tickets for trains and boats etc. at 50% off the price.

For information on multi-country rail passes you can look at the Eurail Global Pass or Eurail Select Pass.

I hope that helps you get started with your planning.

Be sure to read through our information pages on what to do in Switzerland and where to visit.

Regards,
    Lucas

Arno
    15484 posts
    29 March 2017 at 14:24:24 #860665

Hi Patrao,

Our page about saving money might interest you as well. Also I’d recommend to consider a different base town as Geneva is not in the Alps. A more central town like Montreux would be better to see some very nice parts of Switzerland. Adding Portugal and Spain too won’t be possible I’m afraid, not in 2-3 days anyway.

• The thread ‘Itinerary help for economical trip in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.