Planning a Four day trip from Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 February 2013 at 2:35:04 #805773

Hi there,
    We are planning a four day trip by taking a train from Paris to Lausanne from May 28th, 2013
    Once we arrive in Lusanne, we will use the Swiss Pass.

How can we plan a trip from there? We have an eight year old and four year old. Ideally, we would like to cover important places. I have been reading a lot and its all over. Please suggest a plan.

Jack

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    3 February 2013 at 8:33:14 #837979

Hi Jack! First of all, could you tell us about your interests? Do you want to hike, take scenic train or boat trips, visit cultural sights? And do you plan to stay in Lausanne or do you prefer travelling throughout the country?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2013 at 8:41:09 #837980

Thanks for the reply.
    I have two small kids (8 &4 ) so I am not interested in hiking. I like to take kids around so that they do not get bored, mostly scenic boat trips or train rides where they are warm inside and also enjoy the ride. I do not have to cover lot of places but where ever we go, just spend good amount of time without rushing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 February 2013 at 11:56:49 #837981

Hi Jack, I have sent a reply to your personal message – hope some of my suggestions help.
    Maggie

• The thread ‘Planning a Four day trip from Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.