Feb 20, 2012 - 12:33 PM
Dear Forum members
I and my wife shall be in Germany(Nuremberg) in March and April 2012. We are planning a trip to Switzerland on or around 20th. April 2012, for about 6/7 days so that I am back at Nuremberg by 25th/26th April. I have browsed through the various passes and feel that the 2 for 1 offer on the 4 day Swiss Saver pass is a good pass to use on this trip. I wish to visit 3 cities- Lucerne,Interlaken and Montreaux. I would be grateful if someone could guide me on the following:
1. How to distribute these days among the three cities of Lucerne,Interlaken and Montreaux so as to get to see the best places nearby.
2. Which places(mountains,lakes,monuments,chocolate factory,wineyards etc) should I visit?
3. I have heard about the Golden Pass Panaromic trains which pass through the most scenic places and I would therefore like to travel on these trains one way at least.How do I get that?
4. Given the above requirements, what would be the most economical way to travel and which passes to buy.Would the 2 for 1 offer suffice or any more passes would be required for local travel?
5. Which cities(near the above mentioned cities) would be more cost effective to stay, in terms of hotel tariffs?