Day 3: train to interlaken via golden pass, overnight in lauterbrunnen
    Day 4: depart to Lausanne, visit chateau de chillon and vevey
    Day 5: chocolate train
    Day 6: Lausanne to Paris
    Day 7: Paris
    Day 8: Paris to Zurich
    Day 9: zurich
    Day10: Depart zurich airport 2000hr

Please advice which type of pass should I get? Is the itinerary alright?
    Thanks in advance.

Couple from Singapore

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7103 posts
    19 August 2013 at 6:20:00 #839167

Welcome Bakkutteh! If you’re not dependent on hotel reservations, flights or other fixed dates, I suggest you change your itinerary. You’ll save lots of traveling time and get better value of your rail pass if you plan your trip to Paris at the end, instead of getting there and back again from Switzerland. You could spend your first two days in Zurich, then get to Lucerne, Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen, Lausanne/Vevey, and leave for Paris from there without returning to Switzerland.

This would still be hectic, but if your main goal is to see as much of the country as possible, an itinerary like you proposed is fine of course.

Please find details on all transfers in the timetable.

As for a rail pass: that depends on your final travel scheme. Overall, I think you’ll profit most from a 3 or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Plan your first and last free travel day for your first and last long transfer in Switzerland and pick other free travel days for the longest/most expensive trips in between, e.g. for the transfer Lauterbrunnen-Lausanne-Vevey. Details and prices for Singapore can be found here. If you want to be absolutely sure which pass is best, you should make calculations based on a detailed list of travel plans.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 August 2013 at 10:09:41 #839168

Thanks for your advice. You are right, we need to fly back from zurich airport thus for this hectic itinerary. I wanted to go paris for macaroon and shopping.
    1)Day-6:Lausanne to Paris, can I use one of the travel day of the swiss pass?
    2)Let said I purchase a 4-day swiss pass. I will use it on Day-2, Day-3, Day-4, Day-5, is this 4 days correct?

Thanks

Annika
    7103 posts
    20 August 2013 at 7:41:43 #839169

Hi Bakkuteh!

1) Well, only up to Geneva. The Swiss (Flexi) Pass is not valid in France.
    2) That’s an option too. If you want to use a pass on 4 consecutive days, you should take the regular 4 day Swiss Saver Pass, not the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Note that you’ll have to buy additional tickets for all other trips on day 1, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in this case. Prices and information for Singapore are here.

• The thread ‘Please advice, half face card or swisspass flexi’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.