Please advice, half face card or swisspass flexi

Please advice, half face card or swisspass flexi

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Bakkutteh
Bakkutteh
2 posts
Aug 18, 2013 - 10:53 AM
Day 1: arrival at Zurich airport by 0700hr, then train to lucerne
Day 2: lucerne, visit Mt pilatus
Day 3: train to interlaken via golden pass, overnight in lauterbrunnen
Day 4: depart to Lausanne, visit chateau de chillon and vevey
Day 5: chocolate train
Day 6: Lausanne to Paris
Day 7: Paris
Day 8: Paris to Zurich
Day 9: zurich
Day10: Depart zurich airport 2000hr

Please advice which type of pass should I get? Is the itinerary alright?
Thanks in advance.

Couple from Singapore
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Aug 19, 2013 - 6:20 AM
Welcome Bakkutteh! If you're not dependent on hotel reservations, flights or other fixed dates, I suggest you change your itinerary. You'll save lots of traveling time and get better value of your rail pass if you plan your trip to Paris at the end, instead of getting there and back again from Switzerland. You could spend your first two days in Zurich, then get to Lucerne, Interlaken/Lauterbrunnen, Lausanne/Vevey, and leave for Paris from there without returning to Switzerland.

This would still be hectic, but if your main goal is to see as much of the country as possible, an itinerary like you proposed is fine of course.

Please find details on all transfers in the timetable.

As for a rail pass: that depends on your final travel scheme. Overall, I think you'll profit most from a 3 or 4 day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Plan your first and last free travel day for your first and last long transfer in Switzerland and pick other free travel days for the longest/most expensive trips in between, e.g. for the transfer Lauterbrunnen-Lausanne-Vevey. Details and prices for Singapore can be found here. If you want to be absolutely sure which pass is best, you should make calculations based on a detailed list of travel plans.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
Bakkutteh
Bakkutteh
2 posts
Aug 19, 2013 - 10:09 AM
Thanks for your advice. You are right, we need to fly back from zurich airport thus for this hectic itinerary. I wanted to go paris for macaroon and shopping.
1)Day-6:Lausanne to Paris, can I use one of the travel day of the swiss pass?
2)Let said I purchase a 4-day swiss pass. I will use it on Day-2, Day-3, Day-4, Day-5, is this 4 days correct?

Thanks
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Aug 20, 2013 - 7:41 AM
Hi Bakkuteh!

1) Well, only up to Geneva. The Swiss (Flexi) Pass is not valid in France.
2) That's an option too. If you want to use a pass on 4 consecutive days, you should take the regular 4 day Swiss Saver Pass, not the Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. Note that you'll have to buy additional tickets for all other trips on day 1, 6, 7, 8 and 9 in this case. Prices and information for Singapore are here.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016