Please help and advice 5D4N trip.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2014 at 9:16:36 #806259

I’m planning for a 5 days 4 nights trip to Switzerland with my husband and subsequently depart for germany. Have a few queries here and would like to seek your advise and what is the most appropriate Swiss pass to purchase.

we would like visit Zurich,Bern,Lucerne (Mt Rigi),Zermatt,Interlaken.Please suggest the best route to travel.

12th Jul 2014 (Saturday)-Arrive Paris airport at 6.10am.will take a train TGV to Zurich?Bern?Lucerne? which one is the best as base?

thank you.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    19 March 2014 at 10:12:28 #839591

Hello yenzi,

Your list is a bit long for only 4 days. You would spend a lot of time traveling. Interlaken is a base that would allow you to travel to everything on your list. But you can best check the timetable to see if traveling times are acceptable to you. If you have not been to Switzerland before I recommend to focus on the mountains, and less on cities. You could spend two days in Lucerne (a city surrounded by mountains) or Interlaken, and two days in Zermatt (in the mountains), for example. These are just suggestions though. You best look into the planning section and create an itinerary from there, based in your interests and preferences.

As for the rail pass: you are probably best off with a 4-day Swiss Saver Pass. You can best pick your pass once your plans are final. Here’s explained how to pick one.

From Paris you would take a TGV to Basel. From there you can travel to any town in Switzerland. Basel is also where the Swiss Pass validity starts. You need a point to point ticket for Paris to Basel.

I hope this gets you started!

• The thread ‘Please help and advice 5D4N trip.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.