Please help, asking about ticket Basel to Salzburg

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 January 2016 at 3:04:18 #808338

Dear all,

i already bought a train ticket from basel to salzburg on may 8th 2016 with oebb.at. Departure from basel 07.33 arrive at salzburg 14.03.

Detail :

Basel-zurich (07.33-08.26)

Zurich-Innsbruck (08.40-12.16)

Innsbruck-Salzburg (12.20-14.03)

My question is can i go to salzburg with this train from buchs SG instead of basel sbb? Or should i reroute the ticket? But unfortunately the price ticket from buchs sg to salzburg getting higher

kindly need ur advice please, thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    30 January 2016 at 7:52:45 #848026

Hi triasina,

The second train stops in Buchs SG, so you can board there with the ticket you have. The only issue may be that if you have seat reservations, your seat could be taken by someone else if you don’t show up in Zurich. If that happens you can take any other non reserved seat, or ask the train personnel for help. Note that this is to the best of my knowledge. To be 100% sure, you’d better ask the ÖBB.

• The thread ‘Please help, asking about ticket Basel to Salzburg’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.