Please help in preparing 4 day trip to Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 July 2015 at 10:15:12 #807505

Hi,

We have a 4 days plan to visit Switzerland in July month end. I, my husband and my kid of 5 yrs old are travelling so more concerned about correct planning so that our kid is not getting too tired.

Hence we have taken a swiss Rail pass in advance for 4 days.

The rough Plan is something like below.

1. Day1 – Coming from London to Basel. Basel to Rhine Falls and Rhine Falls to Lucerne. Planning to book a hotel in Lucerne for that night. Here my concern is can we put luggage the station “Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall” so that we can go to Rhine falls and come back to station once its done. How much time will be sufficient in Rhine Falls as we roughly can reach there by 13:00 Hours.

2. Day2 – We are planning to Mount Titlis from Lucerne and then after returning back to Lucerne, we are supposing we may have time to spend in Lucerne as well. Please suggest some places apart from Chapel Bridge and Lion Monument in Lucerne which can be visited in evening hours? Also let us know the route?

3. Day 3 -Plan is still pending. Please suggest how and what can be visited in Bern, Zurich and back to Lucerne.

4. Day 4 – Plan is to go on scenic train using Golden Pass Train.

Please suggest if there are any good changes which can make the trip even more worthwhile as we have swiss pass. Our places of interest is mostly enjoying nature and places where my kid can also enjoy. Museums are not of much interest.

Awaiting for response 🙂

Thanks,

kalpana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 July 2015 at 10:51:55 #844190

Hi Kalpana,

1. There are no luggage facilities at Schloss Laufen am Rheinfall, but there are at the rail station of nearby Schaffhausen: lockers and a left luggage office.

Please see here for the Rhine Fall activities and estimate the time you need (a few hours is fine), and here for hotels in Lucerne.

2. Please see the Lucerne page. The tourist office will be able to provide a map so you can pick your own route.

3. There are suggestions on our Bern and Zurich pages. The direct regional train to Bern is very nice scenery wise. If the weather is good you may want skip a city trip and consider a boat/train trip to Mount Rigi instead. It’s free with your Swiss Travel Pass.

4. The Golden Pass page has all information to plan this day.

• The thread ‘Please help in preparing 4 day trip to Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.