Please help with 5 day itinerary from Geneva

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2016 at 8:00:07 #809018

Hi, Everyone!

I and my wife will be travelling to Switzerland for 5 days 4 nights (3/06/2016 to 7/06/2016 ).

Geneva will be the start and end point of our trip.

I need your input for the itinerary and what pass is cheapest and suitable for the itinerary.

Thank you in advance.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 April 2016 at 8:21:42 #851266

Hi Shreevathsa, welcome to MySwissAlps!

We can provide help, but unfortunately we can’t suggest a complete itinerary. Our website provides a lot of suggestion that help you to put together a plan based on your interests, budget and travel style. Once you have a plan, you can start looking into rail passes.

You’ll find lots of planning tips at myswissalps.com/ plantrip. Also be sure to check the “Where to go” and “What to do” sections of the main menu.

A few more tips to get started:

• With 5 days only, don’t spend too much time, if any, in Geneva as it’s not in the mountains;
    • Don’t change base too much as each change easily takes half a day off of your sightseeing time. Unless of course you want this to be a scenic train holiday, then it’s all about traveling;
    • Include some hikes;
    • Have bad weather activities on your list as well, just in case.

Feel free to post your plans and remaining questions here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 May 2016 at 14:18:02 #851267

Our main goal is to explore the natural and scenic beauty of Switzerland. We want to do a train ride, Paragliding, Lake cruise, some shopping.

Here the tentative plan

Day 1- Geneva

Will be arriving at Geneva at 10 AM and planning for overnight stay at Geneva.

Need input on the places to cover.

Day 2 – Geneva to Interlaken and stay at Interlaken

Is there any places i can cover before reaching Interlaken ? I think its take 2 hour 30 minutes to reach interlaken. If i reach before 11 AM which place i can cover for the rest of the day.

Day 3 – At Interlaken

Visit jungfraujoch

Day 4 – Interlaken to lucerne

Visit “mount titlis” and stay at Lucerne

Day 5 – Lucerne to Geneva by evening.

Leaving Geneva by 9 PM…May be need to leave Lucerne by 2 PM…what are things can be done till 2 PM ?

Is it possible ton include Glacier Express in this itinerary.

Annika
    7116 posts
    2 May 2016 at 17:41:44 #851268

Hi Shreevatsha,

Here are some answers:

• our Geneva page lists recommendations for the city and its region;
    • if you travel from Geneva to Interlaken, I suggest the Golden Pass route via Montreux. If you don’t mind taking the time for this trip, you could spend a couple of hears in or near Montreux first. If on the other hand you’d like arrive in Interlaken quite early, you’ll certainly be able to make a trip, such as a boat ride over Lake Thun or Lake Brienz. Please find other options here and use the timetable to find out what’s doable and acceptable to you and your travel party;
    • relatively short trips in Lucerne would include a city walk in the town, a short boat ride or even a visit to the Pilatus. Please see our Lucerne page for details and further trips.
    • you’d have to change your itinerary and base towns in order to include the Glacier Express. Theoretically you can do part of it as a day trip from Interlaken or Lucerne (please see “Don’t have time for the full route?” at our Glacier Express page), but those would be long travel days and you’d have to drop other plans.

A 4 day Swiss Travel Pass for day 2-5, plus a local pass for Geneva on day 1, may be a good pass combination. If you want to make sure, you’d best do the maths as explained here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2016 at 4:38:28 #851269

HI Annika

As jungfraujoch and mount titlis is glacier experience…Is some other activity can be done by skipping one of them ?

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 May 2016 at 10:07:25 #851270

Hi Shreevathsa,

The town links Annika gave you offer quite a lot of activity suggestions. Did you have a look at those?

• The thread ‘Please help with 5 day itinerary from Geneva’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.