Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2011 at 16:26:10 #804761

I will be flying into Zurich. My time in Switerland looks like this:
    Day 1 – Fly into zurich, take the train to Lucerne and/or Interlaken
    Day 2 – From Interlaken, do the jungfrau mountain excursion
    Day 3 – leave from interlaken to florence, italy

I am having trouble with the following:
    1. Should I buy a swiss pass of some kind or point to point train tickets.
    2, It appears the Jungfrau tickets are for a separate rail system, so it is better to book separately. Are there any discounts?
    3. What is the routing from Interlaken to Florence?
    4. Since #3 involves multiple countries, how is the ticket booked?

Thanks. Appreciate any help you can provide. Going through multiple sites like rail europe and my switzerland.com, I am totally confused on how to book the train.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 November 2011 at 3:03:26 #834414

Hello abararar,

Welcome here! As for your questions:
    1. This FAQ explains how to make that choice. I would say that a Swiss Half Fare Card is your best option.
    2. There are many railway companies in Switzerland, but you don’t have to worry about that. They are fully integrated into one transportation system. Tickets can be purchased just like tickets for the federal railways.
    3. The timetable will help you out here.
    4. If you have a pass that grants a discount on the Swiss leg, the easiest way to book is through the timetable. It allows you to indicate that you have a half fare card, so it will include that discount automatically.

Enjoy your stay!

• The thread ‘Please help with Swiss Train Routing’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.