12 day itinerary of Switzerland for group of 16

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 7:27:55 #810862

I have a group of 16 people traveling to Switzerland in late Aug – early September by private coach. I am also adding some train journeys. Please check to see if anything is repeated or can be substituted or eliminated. Our main interest is sightseeing, nature, culture and History. I want to make sure that all train rides in the itinerary are very scenic and highly recommended or we can skip some. Should I eliminate Montreaux and add one more day in Lucerne instead? Any suggestions will be appreciated. The routing can be revised to make it efficient and logical.

Day 1 Zurich city walk and Rhine Falls

Day 2 Coach from Zurich to Chur. Train from Chur to samedan. Transfer to Pontresina. Horse buggy to Roseg Valley. Overnight in Pontresina

Day 3 Bernina Express from Pontresina to Tirano, walking tour of Lugano. Overnight in Ascona

Day 4 Brissago island and Locarno. Overnight in Ascona

Day 5 Locarno to Domodossola by centovalli train. Transfer to Zermatt

Day 6 Full day Mount Gornergrat. Overnight in Zermatt

Day 7 Zermatt to Montreaux via Chillon castle. Overnight in Montreaux

Day 8 Montreaux to Gstaad by Golden Pass and then transfer to Grindelwald via Bern

Day 9 Full day excusion to Mount Jungfraujoch. Overnight in Grindelwald

Day 10 Schilthorn excursion and Trummelbach waterfalls. Overnight in Grindelwald

Day 11 Grindelwald to Lucerne via Mount Pilatus

Day 12 Mt. Titlis or Mt. Rigi or Stangerhorn. Boat ride in lake Lucerne and possibly walking tour of Lucerne.

Day 13 Return from Zurich

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 February 2017 at 20:06:47 #859219

Hi bkaji and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It looks like a very nice and thorough tour!

The only day I am hesitant about is Day 12…I wouldn’t want to try all 3 items (mountain, boat and walking tour unless everyone is up for a long day). I would pick Mt. Rigi myself on that date.

I think virtually all trains here are scenic and will be appreciated! I wouldn’t recommend skipping any one in particular.

The Bernina Express is perhaps the best known scenic train trip in Switzerland (along with the Glacier Express) so everyone will certainly enjoy that trip.

A read through our Swiss regions page may also offer you some other ideas…however I wouldn’t want to overload you…it seems like you have things set pretty well now!

Lucas

• The thread ‘12 day itinerary of Switzerland for group of 16’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.