Please suggest me the appropriate pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2012 at 11:24:08 #805087

We are a family of five poeple and we shall reach Zurich Hb by TGV Lyria on the 4th June. We are staying all 5 days at Richsterwil hostel and shall travel daily to Zurich Hb to take guided tours from there. Is a Multiple day pass (2nd class) appropriate and which zones should we choose as we do not know the zone for Richsterwil. . Our return flight is on the 8th of June from Zurich airport.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 April 2012 at 1:18:39 #835468

Hi dapathak,

I suppose you mean Richterswil, right? That’s zone 53. The Zurich zone map can be found on zvv.ch. A multiple day ticket includes 6 journeys; that could be suitable for your plans. A multiple day pass is for unlimited traveling within a number of zones, which is not what you need I guess.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2012 at 5:33:31 #835469

Thank you Arno. Since I shall travel daily to and fro between Zurich Hb and Richterswil for 5 days, that would mean 10 journeys altogether and therefore I need to buy the ” Multiple journey ticket ” twice. As the “Multiple day pass ” is valid for unlimited travelling for six days on the ZVV local network, is it not more suitable?I hope that Richterswil comes in the ZVV local network. Where do I purchase these passes in Zurich. Are they available for purchase at the Zurich Hb train station?

Arno
    15483 posts
    4 April 2012 at 14:30:26 #835470

You’re welcome! In that case the multiple day pass would be the most obvious choice indeed. Two multiple journey tickets for 5 zones costs exactly the same as one multiple day pass for 5 zones, but the latter allows you to make more (unplanned) trips. You can buy the pass at any regional station. Sales outlets are listed on the ZVV website as well.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Please suggest me the appropriate pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.