Pls suggest:Jungfrau & scenic train from Boltigen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2015 at 17:40:27 #807425

Greetings! ! We are 4 families with 5 kids (Age 5 to 12) arriving Geneva on 2nd week of august and stay 3 nights in Boltigen. I am planning to visit these places and i shall buy 4 day swiss train pass. Please can you suggest if i can cover all these places within 3 days ? as i am not sure how long the train journeys take.

Day1: Geneva to Inrerlaken by train and take boat trip for 2 hours and return to Boltigen

Day2: Jungfrau – ice skating, cable car etc and return to boltigen

Day3: Mt.Titlis or Pls suggest any scenic train route so i can return boltigen same day

Day4: Any one attraction in Bern in morning as i have train to paris in evening

Pls suggest your ideas. Can i cover these places without taking 4 day swiss place? Pls clarify.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    21 June 2015 at 16:33:27 #843881

Hello aarudhran,

Time wise your plans are possible. Here are some thoughts:

Day 1: you can take a boat from Interlaken West to Spiez or Thun, then by train to Boltigen. Please see myswissalps.com/ boatlakethun.

Day 2: I’m not sure what you mean to do. Is it Jungfraujoch? There is no cable car there, and no ice skating. Please see myswissalps.com/ jungfraujoch for details.

Day 3: a nice route is Boltigen to Bern to Luzern via Schüpfheim, then back via Meiringen and Interlaken (Golden Pass line). This takes at least 6 hours so not much time left to also include Mount Titlis, which is a bit far from Boltigen anyway. Please see here for nearby day trips: myswissalps.com/ berneseoberland/ activities.

I don’t know what you mean by “swiss place”. If you mean which rail pass fits your plans, please see myswissalps.com/ train/ticketspasses/ practical/chooserailpa ss. Swiss Travel Pass points of sale can be found through myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/price.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2015 at 15:04:53 #843882

Many Thanks Annika.

On Day 2, i wanted to go Mt. Jungfraujoch. Do we have time to see Mt.Titlis as well on the same day? as the kids like cable car & skating.

Thanks again for suggesting my other day plans.I find that 4 day swiss pass suits me well as i commute more.

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 June 2015 at 10:09:04 #843883

Hi aarudhran,

Jungfraujoch and Mount Titlis is too much for one day. You’d better combine Jungfraujoch with some hiking or a visit to the Trümmelbach Falls: truemmelbachfaelle.ch.

There’s no outdoor ice skating in Summer. Not that I know of anyway. There’s an indoor sports center in Grindelwald you can look into: sportzentrum-grindelwald.ch/en/publ ic-ice-skating.html. I’m sure the children will love the Snow Fun Park at the Jungfraujoch too.

In your case you can get your Swiss Travel Passes from http://www.swisstravelsystem. co.uk. The passes can be printed at home or delivered for free.

• The thread ‘Pls suggest:Jungfrau & scenic train from Boltigen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.