POINT TO POINT TICKET OR SWISS PASS IN SWITZERLAND

POINT TO POINT TICKET OR SWISS PASS IN SWITZERLAND

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
divraj
divraj
3 posts
Oct 15, 2012 - 7:24 AM
HI I AM DIV FROM INDIA I AM SCHEDULED TO VISIT SWITZERLAND ALONE AS FOLLOWS

PLEASE ADVICE ME AS TO I SHOULD BUY POINT TO POINT TICKETS OR SWISS PASS OR SWISS HALF FARE CARD

MY ITINERARY IS AS FOLLOWS

REACHING LUZERN AT 10.41AM

21-11-2012 MILAN-->LUZERN-->MT.PILATUS-->LUZERN (NIGHT STAY)

22-11-2012 LUZERN-->ENGELBERG-->MT.TITLIS-->ENGELBERG-->(VIA BRIENZ)INTERLAKEN (NIGHT STAY)

23-11-2012 INTERLAKEN-->GRINDELWALD-->JUNGFRAUJOCH-->LAUTERBRUNNEN-->INTERLAKEN (NIGHT STAY)

24-11-2012 INTERLAKEN-->BERN-->ZURICH (NIGHT STAY)

25-11-2012 ZURICH-->SCHAFFHAUSEN-->RHINE FALLS-->ZURICH-->COLOGNE (NIGHT IN TRAIN)

LEAVING ZURICH AT 08.42PM

OPTIONAL RIDE IF TIME PEMITS

21-11-2012 BOAT RIDE FROM HERGISWIL-->LUZERN

24-11-2012 BOAT RIDE FROM INTERLAKEN-->BRIENZ-->INTERLAKEN

PLEASE SUGGEST ANY CHANGES IN ITINERARY IF YOU WISH THANKING YOU
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Oct 16, 2012 - 6:19 AM
Welcome to the forum Div! When posting further reactions, would you please not write in capitals only, as requested in the forum rules? Thank you :-)!

As for your questions: a Swiss rail pass will be cheaper than regular tickets. I think you should look into a 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass, using free travel days for November 21, 22 and 25. The Swiss leg of your outbound trip before midnight will also be for free. You can buy discounted tickets for your trips on November 23 and 24. Please find all details and purchase options at the Swiss Flexi Pass page.

Your itinerary looks fine to me. Do note that boat rides over lake Brienz aren't possible in November, as far as I'm aware. Please check the BLS timetable. You can make a boat ride over lake Thun though, which fits even better in your schedule: by boat to Thun, then continue by train to Bern and Zurich. All train trips can be planned with the Swiss timetable.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:34 PM by Arno
divraj
divraj
3 posts
Oct 16, 2012 - 7:34 AM
Thank you for your reply

Regarding capital letters i will take care next time

Will it be possible to go to Mt.titlis & jungfraujoch on my planned dates

Thanking you
Annika
Annika
4355 posts
expert &
Oct 16, 2012 - 8:10 AM
Hello Div! Yes, Titlis and Jungfraujoch are accessible on your travel dates. Only in extreme weather circumstances these routes may be shut downs, but that's exceptional.
sushmita
sushmita
1 post
Oct 19, 2012 - 9:55 AM
Hi Arno, I have a question- is there a way to confirm whether swiss pass 2 for 1 will be available at Basel SBB ststion?
My iternerary would be From Paris to basel on 31 Oct
Basel to Interlaken

from interlaken-trip to jungfraujoch and titlis
and back to basel on 2nd Nov
Return to Denmark on 3 nov morning
Is swiss pass recommended for this iternerary?
Arno
Arno
7328 posts
expert &
Oct 20, 2012 - 5:17 AM
Hi sushmita, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, it's available there during opening hours. All purchase options, both online and in Switzerland, can be found on the Swiss Pass page. The pass would indeed be a good choice for your trip.

Please post further questions about the 2-for-1 promotion in the associated topic or create a topic of your own. The current topic is not related to your question.
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 4:35 PM by Arno
NAJIMUDEEN
NAJIMUDEEN
5 posts
Oct 20, 2012 - 8:57 AM
Hi
I was in Switzerland from 13th to 17th of October
Since you are travelling a lot, siwss pass is very cheap and convenient compared to point to point ticket
Siwss pass should be obtained from your country and cannot buy in Switzerland. You can buy online.It takes few days to reach you. Apply not itself
If you buy the Swiss saver pass you can travel in all the trains,buses and cable cars.
I was staying at Interlaken one night. You can go to to the top of the muntain by cable car.
If you need futher clarfication you can write to my personal e mail address: najim5543@yahoo.com
All the best of luck

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016