Possible to buy Jungfrau Rail Pass in Switzerland?

Possible to buy Jungfrau Rail Pass in Switzerland?

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Drifter91
Drifter91
2 posts
Aug 16, 2015 - 9:14 PM

Hi I was wondering if someone would be able to tell me wether its possible to purchase the Jungfrau Railways Pass or the Jungfrau VIP Pass whilst in Switzerland or if its easier to purchase the passes here in the UK?

My friend and I our traveling to Switzerland via car and plan to spend potentially serval days in Switzerland before me make our next stop to Italy. Our trip will last 14 days between the 24th August to the 7th September. Currently we don't know exactly what day we will be arriving in Grindelwald making it difficult to book the passes in advance.

Arno
Arno
7719 posts
expert &
Aug 17, 2015 - 9:46 AM

Hi Drifter91,

You can buy it online or in Switzerland. You can find the purchase options here, and check which one is cheaper or more convenient for you:

If you buy it online it doesn't necessarily mean the start date of the pass is fixed. It depends on the retailer. For example, if you buy through Viator.com, you'll get a voucher and the date is still flexible.

Last modified on Oct 14, 2015 - 5:39 PM by Arno
Drifter91
Drifter91
2 posts
Aug 17, 2015 - 9:18 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thank you for responding to my message so swiftly. The flexible voucher sounds like a great option!

ALL SWISS RAIL PASSES

Find out how the several passes work, what they cost and where to buy.

More

HOW TO PICK THE BEST PASS

Having trouble finding the right rail pass? Learn how to pick the one that best fits your plans.

More

THINGS TO DO IN SWITZERLAND

Suggestions for day trips and hiking trails in the Swiss Alps.

More

THE HOTELS WE SUGGEST

Browse the hotels that we like. Budget hotels, hotels near the rail stations, mid class hotels, luxurious 5-star hotels, airport hotels and more.

More

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They can arrange for your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2016