Pricing out trips from Wengen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2016 at 14:13:44 #808872

Hello!

I’m trying to price out trips in the Jungfrau Region (specifically from Wengen to various locations) in July. I found most prices on jungfrau.ch for Wengen being the originating city, but they don’t seem to list the following (as an example):

What would it cost to travel from Wengen to First and back via the Mannlichen cable car to Grindelwald and how long does that trip take? How about to First from Wengen via Kleine Scheidegg?

I know I can at least get from Wengen to Grindelwald via Zweilütschinen for free with a travel pass, but that trip takes about 90 minutes each way. So, I’m just trying to figure out what the cost and time difference is if I use the cable cars instead.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to find these prices and travel times.

John

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    11 April 2016 at 1:12:34 #850589

Hi John-

The timetable will help, as well as the map showing travel pass coverage:

Fares that first appear in the timetable are half fares, since most Swiss have a half-fare discount card.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2016 at 7:41:00 #850590

From Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg to Grindelwald is 1.18 hour, but a very nice trip.

Then walk from Grindelwald railway station to Firstbahn is about 15 minutes. Firstbahn is about 20 minutes.

Wengen>Zweilutschinen>Grindelwald is 1.36 hour.

• The thread ‘Pricing out trips from Wengen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.