Problem buying ticket Tirano to Venice

• babybab
    Participant
    16 posts
    20 June 2016 at 1:31:30 #809486

Hi Team, for more than a week now I have been trying to buy online 2 single 1st class tickets from Tirano to Venezia S. Lucia for departure 15 September 2016 at 13:00. However, everytime it gets to the stage where the prices will have to be calculated I get the message :Train temporarily blocked. And it would not go any further. I thought it was my computer’s fault so I tried doing it using a public library computer and I get the same message. Is this because I am not allowed to buy this ticket online or is there a problem with SBB Ticket shop?

What can I do? Please help.

Warm regards

babybab

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    20 June 2016 at 5:20:59 #853279

Hi babybab,

Your trip is in Italy, so there is no need to buy through the SBB website, which is the Swiss Federal Railways. Websites selling Italian tickets are listed here: myswissalps.com/ traintickets/italy/ price. I just tried http://www.raileurope.com.au/ train/italian-international-trains-7267 (since you’re from Australia), and they offer print at home tickets from AU$ 37. You need to select from “Tirano ITALY” to “Venice”. You can check the other websites as well.

babybab
    Participant
    16 posts
    20 June 2016 at 7:26:53 #853280

Hi Arno, thank you so very much for that very valuable information you just gave me. While SBB displayed the trip schedule including date of departure and arrival as well as the duration of the trip and the type of train, the Fare/Buy made me think I could buy the ticket there. I really wanted to buy the ticket from the SBB. Anyway, I will go to the links you provided.

Again, thank you so very much.

Warm regards

babybab

• The thread ‘Problem buying ticket Tirano to Venice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.