Promo codes for discounts on all rail passes

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 February 2012 at 4:02:42 #835446

Hello,
    The link for India does not seem to be working.
    Thanks.

Arno
    15471 posts
    20 February 2012 at 11:35:17 #835447

Hi Arvjos,

Thanks for letting us know. It seems that RailEurope changed or removed the promo code pages. I’ll look into it and get back to you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 February 2012 at 3:01:18 #835448

Hi Arno, any promo for Singapore?

Also could you advise me if Swiss Transfer Pass( i am not quite really sure how it works even after reading..) is good for this plan:

We are planning to arrive Zurich Airport to Bernese Oberland for about 7-8 days with an option to Innsbruck (Austria) perhaps transit at Zurich, do you think this will be the best pass for our travel?

Could you also advise how to get to Zurich HB from Zurich Airport to go to Interlaken? or there is a rail line that goes direct?

Thanks to hear from you

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 February 2012 at 13:41:40 #835449

Hi Arvjos,

The links to the promo codes work again!

Arno
    15471 posts
    22 February 2012 at 13:54:30 #835450

Hi shirl,

No codes for Singapore yet, but that might change soon. The Swiss Transfer Ticket could be good if you don’t do any further traveling in the Bernese Oberland. Otherwise, a Swiss Card would be a better option as it also includes 50% discounts on traveling during your stay.
    If you’re traveling in Spring or Fall, the 2-for-1 Swiss Saver Flexi Pass might be a good option for you.

The timetable helps you find all connections.

Arno
    15471 posts
    23 February 2012 at 4:50:56 #835451

Hi shirl,

I have just added a link to the promo codes for Singapore.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2012 at 10:09:40 #835452

thanks Arno! u have been most helpful 🙂
    could you just give me update on the charges for delivery of tickets? i couldnt seem to find it.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 February 2012 at 16:07:18 #835453

Hi shirl,

If you go to any of our pass pages you can find out by filling out your country and pass on the right side and click “Show more information” for your preferred reseller. Shipping fees are different per reseller. But of course the total price is what really matters and you’ll see that there as well.

Does this help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2012 at 10:10:22 #835454

I need a promo code for the Berner Oberland Pass-Does anyone have one?? Danke

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 March 2012 at 10:22:37 #835455

Hi bowmore12,

The Regional Pass for the Bernese Oberland is not being sold by the resellers offering the promo code. However, discounts on the Regional Pass will most probably be posted here on our website early April.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 March 2012 at 16:41:03 #835456

Any Swiss promo codes?

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 March 2012 at 18:10:13 #835457

All promo codes can be used for Swiss or any other rail passes. Just select the appropriate reseller from my initial post and make your purchase.
    [quote]franbemadd said: Any Swiss promo codes?[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2012 at 19:53:54 #835458

Hi,
    I am planning a 5 day trip to Switzerland starting 21st March from Manchester. What’s the PROMO code for UK and what would be the cheapest option in my case: Swis Pass or the Flexi Pass?
    On day 1, I would be travelling to either Interlaken or Lucerne from Zurich and on Day 5 it would be a travel from Interlaken/ Lucerne back to Zurich?

Best Regards,
    Pratik

Annika
    7104 posts
    12 March 2012 at 12:41:12 #835459

Hi Pratik. Raileurope doesn’t sell to the UK or other European countries, so there are no promo codes available for the UK.

I can’t tell which pass will be best in your case, since that depends on your exact travel plans. You can calculate the cheapest option if you want. I think that a 4 day Swiss Pass with a regular ticket for day 1 or day 5, or a 3 day Swiss Flexi Pass might be suitable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2012 at 15:08:58 #835460

Hi
    I am planning to visit Switzerland in June (with my wife and 5 yr old son) for 6 days starting from Zurich (1 day) – Luzern (2 days including 1 dy mt Pilatus) Interlaken (2 days – including 1 day Joungfraujoche) and Bern (1 day). I have few questions that i am trying to get help on:

Question 1- which swiss pass should I take? 6 days or 4 days flexi?

I am planning to visit Italy after switzerland going to venice as first stop then florence and Rome.

Question 2 – which is a better route ?Bern-Venice or i shoudl return to Zurich from interlaken and take zurich-venice train?

I could not find a 2 country pass covering Swetzerland and Italy hence 3 country erorail pass is much costlier than seperate 6 days swiss pass and vanice-Florence-Rome 3 city pass in italy.
    Question 3 – please advce if SWitz-Italy pass available on any site? and the promo code if available.

Thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 April 2012 at 12:06:19 #835461

Hi jmanan, and welcome!

1. Free travel days are best used for the longer, more expensive trips. So less days are fine if you don’t plan to do long trips every day. Please also keep in mind that an 8-day Swiss Saver Pass is cheaper than a 6-day Swiss Saver Flexi Pass. You can check that at the pages I linked to.
    2. I recommend to consult the timetable for the best (quickest) route. Traveling via Zurich or Bern would both be detours. The regular route would be Interlaken – Spiez – Brig – Milan – Venice.
    3. There is no pass that combines just Switzerland and Italy.

The promo codes listed in my initial post are not product related. You’ll get a discount on any pass(es) and ticket(s), as long as you spend the minimum amount. Just click the link to the appropriate reseller for details.

For hotel suggestions, please check our pages for Zurich, Luzern, Interlaken and Bern.

Does this help?

• The thread ‘Promo codes for discounts on all rail passes’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.