Promotion of SIM card with unlimited data package

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2015 at 14:56:13 #846845

Hello!

Thanks for posting about the SIM card offer! I note that my smart phone needs to be SIM lock free in order for me to use the Swiss SIM card for mobile data. Any idea how to check/achieve the SIM lock-free on my phone? I’m using an iPhone 6.

Thanks!

Jane

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 November 2015 at 15:24:22 #846846

Hi Jane,

Indeed, it needs to be unlocked to use any other SIM card. One way to try if it’s locked is to insert another SIM card (from any other carrier than your own one). If it works, the phone is unlocked. You can also ask your carrier. If they sold you a phone and a SIM card as a package it’s most likely locked until your subscription is expired. Once it’s expired you can ask them to unlock the phone. If you purchased a phone and a SIM card separately it’s most likely unlocked.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2015 at 16:06:00 #846847

Hi Arno,

Ah I see! Ok will check it out. Thanks for the info!

Jane

• The thread ‘Promotion of SIM card with unlimited data package’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.