Purchasing last minute Swiss Travel Pass online

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2017 at 7:50:26 #812404

Hi, I’m Travelling to Zurich tonight will be there 26 June 17 and am trying to purchase a n 8 day travel pass online from the 27 June 17 to 4 July 17… but it’s only allowing me to do so from the 28th June .. pls advise.. thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 June 2017 at 10:19:48 #865754

Welcome to MySwissAlps Crisd!

An online purchase takes some manual processing too, so that’s why many websites do not offer a last minute purchase. However, if you order through http://www.happyrail.com/en/p ass/europe/switzerland /swiss-travel-pass-consecutive you will receive it through e-mail tomorrow (Monday) and you can print it in your hotel. Be sure to fill out your correct e-mail address while ordering.

All purchase options are listed here: myswissalps.com/ swisstravelpass/ price.

Enjoy your trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2017 at 11:06:23 #865755

Thank you so much Arno !!

Was wondering then since I arrive 26Th morning into Zurich, can I purchase the Swiss Travel pass at the Airport?? is there a massive price difference getting it in Switzerland as against outside of Switzerland !!

We are 3 of us .. Me with my daughter ages 17 and 13 . So will be getting 1 Adult and 1 Youth pass ! Am I right in my understanding that my younger daughter 13 yrs travel free with me ?

Thanks for your help!

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 June 2017 at 11:14:56 #865756

You’re welcome Crisd! Sure, you can buy them at the airport train station (see the second page I linked to). It’s currently CHF 4 more expensive than the other option I gave you (per pass). You may have to wait in line (could be just minutes, could be 30 minutes). Indeed you can get a Swiss Family Card for your youngest daughter so she will travel for free.

• The thread ‘Purchasing last minute Swiss Travel Pass online’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.