3 days based in Geneva – where to go with kids

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 August 2017 at 22:28:44 #812847

I will be going to from England to Geneva for three days with my children. I would like to make most use of these days. I would like to go over to France, even for 1/2 day or to Lucerne on public transport. I have seen the tour companies but they are expensive and out of my budget. I’m staying at friends house so I don’t even get the free pass to use to public transport. Please give me advice.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2017 at 6:56:11 #867897

Hi Anisa17 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t have information about trips to France (this website focuses on Switzerland).

You can easily use the train system in Switzerland to explore the country. Luzern from Geneva is close to 3 hours so it might be a bit too long as a day trip? Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan out any trips you would like to do.

You might want to just stay in the Lake Geneva region as there is a lot to see there. Have a look at our Lake Geneva regional page for more details. Popular destinations in the area are Lausanne and Montreux, the Rochers-De-Naye mountain and the nearby town of Gruyere and the cheese and chocolate factories nearby.

Depending on how much travel you do and where, you may want to get the Regional Pass Lake Geneva – Alps. If you decide to head further out (like Luzern) you could look at the Swiss Travel Pass or the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Lucas

• The thread ‘3 days based in Geneva – where to go with kids’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.