Purchase of hotel card for a 50% discount?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2017 at 13:31:29 #810702

Hi I was reading some sites that indicates we can purchase a hotalcard n use it to book hotels in Switzerland at a 50% discount… is that true?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    31 January 2017 at 16:05:24 #858599

Hi Joanne,

Can you provide a link so I can have a look? In general such cards often come with requirements like a minimum number of bookings, paying for daily dinner in the hotel, or limited room availability. For affordable hotels without the need for a card, please check this page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 January 2017 at 23:57:01 #858600

Hi Arno

this is the link http://www.hotelcard.ch

thanks

Arno
    15471 posts
    1 February 2017 at 13:10:28 #858601

Thanks for that Joanne! I have seen that website before but don’t know much about it.

I think the offer is legitimate, but one has to be very careful when booking rooms and comparing prices. It’s common to not actually get a 50% discount compared to the normal rates (some even mentioned to pay more than the normal rate). If you are willing to check and don’t mind the restrictions of hotel and room choices, you could give it a try. I don’t see any requirements like having dinner in the hotel. Personally I prefer not to have restrictions and book through well known booking sites (easy cancellation) or in some cases directly with the hotel.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 February 2017 at 14:03:11 #858602

Hi Arno thanks for helping me to look into it.

• The thread ‘Purchase of hotel card for a 50% discount?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.