Purchase Swiss Travel Pass ASAP or closer to time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2016 at 12:44:05 #809771

Hi,

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the great job that you all do on this forum as it is a great source of information for people to plan their trips to the beautiful Switzerland.

Myself, my parents and sister are travelling to Switzerland on the 1st of October and plan to get an 8 day Swiss Travel Pass each. My question is are we better to buy the pass as soon as possible or to wait in the hope that prices change or special deals arise as it gets closer to October and turns into the off season.

With Thanks,

James.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    28 July 2016 at 12:57:53 #854630

Hi James,

Welcome, and thanks for your compliments! Unfortunately I don’t know if any promotions will come along between now and late September. Apart from that, prices also depend on exchange rates, which are hard/impossible to predict too. The best you can do is keep an eye on our prices and promotions pages. If there are no specials, you can still order the passes about a week before you travel, so you have time to receive them through e-mail, print them at home, and be ready to immediately board your first train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 July 2016 at 13:04:42 #854631

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your swift reply. I will monitor the situation and keep an eye on your website as suggested.

Your help is much appreciated.

James.

• The thread ‘Purchase Swiss Travel Pass ASAP or closer to time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.