Question about ID for Swiss Transfer Ticket

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2017 at 16:44:27 #810653

Hello to all first i want to congratulate MySwissAlps.com for the quality and help given at this amazing website 😉 , i would like to know if someone could help with this question please, i´m traveling to Switzerland next month and i want to buy a Swiss Transfer Ticket to travel from Geneve Airport to Zermatt via Visp but when i was doing the reservations on the SBB.ch website i saw it requested the passport…..is the passport mandatory to buy and present it together with the ticket? only because my passport has expired last year and at the moment i only have my national ID Card….that is acepted all over EU….i would like to know if i can book the Swiss Transfer Ticket using my National ID Card or with my expired passport and if i will have any kind of problems due to it …

My best regards Diogo Ferreira

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    24 January 2017 at 19:43:27 #858403

Hi Diogo,

Thank you for joining MySwissAlps! Any official travel document is fine, so your national ID card will work as well. You do not need reservations for trains in Switzerland by the way. It’s more convenient to not book a seat. That way you can take any train, and there’s no risk of loosing the reservation fee if your plane is late.

All you need is the Swiss Transfer Ticket. You can print it at home. Please see the SBB tourist webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the ticket within 1-3 business days (no delivery fees).

• The thread ‘Question about ID for Swiss Transfer Ticket’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.